Friday, February 08, 2008

Good Intentions.....

....oh, yeah; lots of them.

Heading into this first week back on nights I had all kinds of plans regarding things I'd like to accomplish, or simply do, indulge in..... I'd forgotten the type of brain and body 'fog' that goes with working this shift. Not enough sleep / quality sleep; sporadic poorly spaced meals when I remember to eat; too much high test coffee - not enough tea and water. I had intented to reserve some time each night for stretching and light exercize to ease some aches and pains. Hmmm, haven't done any of that as yet. Still aching.....

Ennui? Is that the right word? Floating in the moment and not motivated to do much of anything.

I had lots of topics in mind to blog about as well. I guess I should have noted them - ha, ha - cuz they certainly aren't coming to mind. There have been emails to respond to, comments to be left on posts, connections neglected that should be re-established.... okay, I've done a fraction of those things, a few but not nearly enough.

Sunday before I came in I loaded my tote bag with texts from school and notebooks that I wanted to review in order to refresh my memory - they're untouched; maybe tomorrow night.

These last few months I've changed my music listening habits and dialing in jazz and classical radio stations. I've begun noting composers, players and titles - some very familiar, some obscure - that bring joy to my ears, so that I can track down the recordings for my collection. One modern piano piece that I found particularly stirring was from the documentary 'Mark Twain's America'. Beautiful!

Perhaps I should heed the advice emblazoned across the side of a car which I saw on the way to work tonight -"Carpe Diem". I feel I'm wasting time, wasting life, twiddling my thumbs and staring into the ether.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kel said...

i like jazz music - can only handle a little trad jazz before I get too aggravated, but play mellow, moody, soulful tracks and i could tune in for hours

a question popped into my mind when reading this post - "so what would your life look like if you weren't wasting it?"

no answer required here - but something to ponder

6:50 PM, February 08, 2008  
Blogger Norm said...

Good question Kel; one that I will ponder. Lots of various life issues at play and in flux including this particular job.

We shall see what we shall see....

12:52 AM, February 09, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home