Tuesday, January 29, 2008

11 Months....

Remarkable..... I was curious to see when this roller coaster ride with Lynda began and so I checked the archives for the relevant post; Feb 24. That was when we sat down to iron some things out and the bottom fell out instead. Between then and when I moved into the townhouse in early July stepson #3 moved out so that he wouldn't be seen as choosing sides. Stepson #2 bought a condo apartment and moved out in May (I think). The day I moved out #3 moved right back in much to Lynda's (and my) chagrin.

Since then we've tried to help a couple of #3's friends; first Al moved into Lynda's back in September and then when another friend was at loose ends Al moved in with me at the new year and Mike took his place at Lynda's.

Where is all this explanation going? and why would you care? (....you might be asking.(?) Well... what Lynda and I are trying to do is get them all employed, responsible and independent so that the 3 of them can live here at the townhouse together. That way Lynda and I can live together at the house without anyone being reliant on us.....at long last. We might have a chance if we're left to our own devices for once.

These 3 that I'm talking about aren't kids - they range in age between 30 and 45......and it's about time they started looking after themselves.

Lynda and I continue to work on our stuff and we don't have anything written in stone or a timeline in mind but the general plan is coming together. All we need now is some co-operation.

It's amazing all that can happen in such a short span of time and still have a semblance of sanity.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Kel said...

now that's a plan stan!

hope you make them pay the mortgage on the townhouse they get to stay in :)

11:43 PM, January 29, 2008  
Blogger Norm said...

;) yes Kel, we'd just like them to cover the cost of living here. We might even underwrite them a wee bit if we're to get some peace. :)

11:52 PM, January 29, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home