Sunday, February 10, 2008

Rolling With Changes........

Until I got up today and checked my email I had a fairly quiet week planned and I was looking forward to some restful downtime. In the course of a few minutes on the computer plus a phone call I'm a busy guy again.

I called Mom's place to see how Linda has been fairing post-surgery only to have Linda tell me I'm doing a pick up run when I get off work come morning. My brother's eldest daughter & family came to visit them from Vancouver. His daughter had a baby about 6 weeks after Zeph was born and none of us had seen the wee one. Bro drove down Saturday morning and picked Mom up so she could go meet her great grand daughter. We're meeting in the morning at the half way point about 2 hours north of here and I'll bring Mom the rest of the way.

One of the emails was from my boss asking if I'd work a day shift Monday plus an overnight shift Tuesday morning over into Wednesday morning. It means I'll miss a session with young 'Woody' Tuesday night and I've sent a message to cancel it. In addition to that I chair my home group meeting Monday night and then rush across town to an NA meeting where a friend is celebrating 20 years clean. Wednesday afternoon I have an appointment with my neurologist to see if he'll approve my using Champix for smoking cessation.

The plan is that following the appointment I'm going home for a long soak in the tub, drink a pot of tea, unfold the pull-out couch, put a movie on and who cares if I see any of it. Watch or snooze? Don't matter to me. At this point I don't have anything further planned until Thursday afternoon. I'm really, really hoping nothing else changes between now and then.

Lynda is working afternoon shift all week so our time together will be catch-as-catch-can.

I've never slept during one of these nightshifts but I think I'll go find a quiet spot, close my eyes and relax for awhile.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Patchouli said...

Wouldn't it be nice to just snooze in front of a movie! Catch a few zzzs for me!

5:39 PM, February 10, 2008  
Blogger Norm said...

An all too infrequent luxury these days, lemme tellya.....and, of course, I will do that for you!:)

7:03 PM, February 10, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yikes! Just reading this schedule is exhausting.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you -- that you get your Wednesday respite.

6:01 PM, February 11, 2008  
Blogger Norm said...

So far I'm hanging in at the half way point of my work day- 2 admissions and 1 discharge so far.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow...

1:58 PM, February 12, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home