Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Not Lazy.....

.... just way too busy and tired.

The other night as I was leaving work I started getting chest pains.... and of course, being male decided the best course of action was to carry on regardless. You know, be sensible and self-monitor and take it easy but go to the hospital????... no, that would be a waste of time and money; mine and the systems. So, I made a couple of stops on the way home, sat and drank some tea and kept an eye on pulse strength & rate and intensity of pain levels.

Anyway, it all stayed the same through until I went to bed and was gone by morning. I think I was just exhausted as I had slept for perhaps an hour the night before and had been awake since midnight.

Funny though - I missed my meeting and called Lynda about the time the meeting would have been starting - 'What are you doing calling me now?? Why aren't you at your meeting; you never miss!' I told her what was going on, she gave me hell, we hung up and she was at my door in 15 minutes. Gawd, if I'd known that would happen I'd have used it months ago....... just for the pleasure of her company. See, she does care about me!! We had a nice but brief visit until she was satisfied I wasn't going to croak in any great hurry and off she went home again.

I would have posted last night but I was sitting here at the computer checking friends blog posts and some emails when the power suddenly shut off throughout the neighbourhood. After getting a couple of candles going and quickly getting bored - what! no electronics!! - I decided to catch another early night and get some much needed rest. I wound up spending 14 hours between the sheets; asleep for maybe 6 or 7 of them. Glorious!! The power outage was the result of a storm that swept through dumping several inches of very wet snow. Between the winds and the damp it managed to mess things up pretty good for awhile.

It's time to clean myself up and go find out what the day will hold. Ciao fo now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home