Sunday, March 23, 2008

Odds & Ends

Work for the week is over in a few hours; 70 some hours worth. I've taken it very easy last night and tonight; weary, weary. It's off to home and bed for a few hours and after a short sleep, back up to help Lynda with 'that' job.

When Owen and his parents went home Saturday Lynda jumped in the car and took off for a long overdue visit with her mom, Mother Mary. She's coming back around noon today and calling to wake me when she gets close.

Over a year ago I came down with one of these never-ending colds that I get. At that time my weight dropped below 140 lb and stayed there - usually varying by a couple of lb around the 135 mark. I'm just 12 days into this smoking 'quit' and my metabolism has begun to change already; I've gained weight!!!!! I'm over 140 again!!!! My system is undergoing some other sorts of adjustments to not smoking causing some funny / embarrassing situations that I needn't go into here. I just hope this isn't something that is going to last - the new normal??

We aren't experiencing any grossly overt signs of spring as yet. The weather has been fine lately - clear skies but cool temps making for a very controlled melt of the snowcover. I should have a chance to get out and about on foot.... maybe Wednesday ... to see what I can see in terms of 'spring' being on it's way. I know a couple of types of animals are coming out of hibernation; I've gagged passing by where skunks have been killed on the road. Gawdawful stench.

Yeah, my respite from work will be very short-lived. I get off at 6 this morning and my boss has asked me to be back for a day shift at 8 Monday morning.... and again Tuesday. No rest for the wicked and all that....

I'm going to have to do some research and reading up along the lines of 'Classical Music For Dummies'. CBC Radio 2 has been my constant companion lately and there are particular types of music writing that I don't understand a lot about. I've heard a few different 'requiems' just recently - Faure's, Webber's, Verdi's, Brahm's - all very different, very powerful, emotionally loaded..... Like I said I need to study up in order to understand it all better, how it fits, it's structure, it's place. ?? Calling Miss Music Nerd ??

Here, once again, for your listening pleasure: http://www.cbc.ca/radio2/. Go ahead - listen live. Check out the updated Concerts On Demand pages.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home