Monday, April 28, 2008

Do The Limbo.......

... and miscellany.....

Limbo because ... shazaam! I've moved! Well, mostly; thus the limbo. Early Sunday I headed for the townhouse to pack up the computer, break down the sound system and continue with the other packing. Some of the big pieces of furniture are staying so that is keeping things simple. By the time I came to work tonight most of my day-to-day stuff and clothes had made it from one address to the other.

Maybe I should back up a bit because I don't think I've explained this before..... hmmmm. My boarder is staying; he is a friend of stepson #3. SS #3 and I are doing the switcheroo - I move back to the house; he leaves the house to move into the townhouse. So, like I said some furniture stays as does all the kitchen wares and sundries. A lot of my possessions will stay there in the basement to be sorted through as I'm able. Lynda and I will either assimilate it into the house, keep it stored there or toss it.

Miscellany:
Lynda's wedding band re-appeared on her ring finger a couple of days after our anniversary dinner in much the same fashion as her engagement ring had a couple of months ago. Now I'm not the most romantic guy in the world but I would have liked to have had a little ceremony around that event - just the two of us. I didn't bother to make an issue of it but I'm supposing she thought that if she could come to the decision to remove them when she did, she could just as easily decide to start wearing them again.

There have been a few reasons why I haven't posted here much lately. Mainly I've been busy preparing for the move when I haven't been at work. Secondly, I've continued to be marginally ill. Specifically I have bronchitis again and although my cold symptoms are gone I have a wide ranging malaise. In plain English - I feel like crap but not in any definite overt sorts of ways. Go figure. Third, my tendency is to blab all over here whenever anything significant happens but I'm getting better about that...... honest. I had some bad news last week that has set me back on my heels and I'm mulling this one over long and hard. It might be shared here eventually; I'll see how it plays out and what my perceptions are about it.

On the 'good-news front'.... Woo-Hoo!! New blog-pal Amuirin of 'Stop and Wander' included me in her online springtime meet-and-greet of new blog acquaintances.:here. The mysterious 'Bobble-head' connection is a product of Amuirin's fertile (feral, fetid, febrile alliterative) imagination, I swear! Via my site meter I see a couple of the others mentioned have paid a visit - welcome!! Note to self - expand the blogroll!!! - there are a ton of talented writers and photographers out there.

At last night's meeting a young woman I had come to know celebrated her first year of sobriety. When we first met she was still living in a supported, structured environment following injuries sustained at the hands of her former boyfriend. She spent over a month in a coma, endured several surgeries and resultant recuperation and rehabilitation periods. At that time she was disconnected, unsure and fearful; now, although her recovery from her injuries is not yet complete, she is transformed in all sorts of positive ways and is proving to be an example for many. Come tonight I get to present a one medallion to one of the guys I sponsor, recognizing his first year as well.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home