Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Live Sex Show 2Nite

nice.... very nice.... I see perverts row is full already.

No. Really this is just a catch up post. It'll be all over the place. Really!

The job hunt continues with CV's being dispatched hither and yon without the desired result as yet. No nibbles, no emails, no phone calls. I have one new major revision to do and another specific cover letter to write for a newly advertised position.

Last week was a good one to have off. It was the longest stretch of hot, clear high pressure weather we had enjoyed all summer - beautiful!! It was one reason that I wasn't in evidence here very much. Lynda and I paid a couple of visits to Mom's place cuz she and my sister got a new puppy - a beagle they have called Finn. Cute as hell but he will have to grow into those ears.

Lynda and I had some much needed time together Friday night, Saturday and Sunday. She had recuperated from her bout of food poisoning enough that she went back to work Friday afternoon. Saturday we worked around the house and toured about town tracking down stuff we needed. We decided to hole up at home that night and watch a movie - 'The Bucket List', starring Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman. We both enjoyed it; it was both funny and touching.

I've continued reading this Alice Walker biography in fits and starts - read 50 pages one day, don't pick it up for 3 days, read another 80 pages. It is due back Wednesday and there are over a hundred pages to go. Wish me luck. It's a great book - very well written, continually engaging and interesting. The next portion is to be about the writing of ' The Color Purple'. Brilliant.

For the last year or so this city has had a brand new arena which initially had been mismanaged. It has been turned over to new management and they have promised bigger and better things to come, or else. I check their site every now and then to see if they are following through or not and tonight, guess what?? An announcement that Bob Dylan will be appearing right here in our town one night in November. Woo-Hoo!! I saw him in concert once about 20 years ago and swore I'd never do that again but.... he's changed, I've changed. What the hell - let's go!! Down the street and around the corner - there he is!!

I was back here at work last night to start a brand new week and got myself organized work-wise, caught up on my blogmates and a few emails. One of our other facilities had a minor fire last week so we've reviewed our emergency procedures to be on the safe side. Wouldn't want bodies stacked about like cord wood, would we??

Something new on the regional level is a new magazine devoted to poetry, creative writing, various fine arts and crafts called Surfacing. Here is a link which describes it and gives information - I just wish they had posted their premiere issue online. It looks good and is a good read. One of the people involved in the project is a woman who has been involved in Natalie Goldberg's workshops in the past - that leapt off the page at me.

Here's one of those strange little twists of fate - doing a little fact checking about Goldberg and find this link about her investigation into Bob Dylan. Hmmmm........ check it out. Click on 'About the Film' and 'Clips', then push 'play'. Good stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home