Thursday, September 18, 2008

Lah-Dee-Dah

Well, I haven't had a lot to say for myself lately. I've been laying low trying to recuperate from this damned cold. Yesterday was the best sleep I've enjoyed in weeks and while I feel like I'm clearing up I still feel loggy.

Last night I watched 'Stealing Home' - a Jodie Foster / Mark Harmon film. All the best scenes were hers. When it was over I finished reading her biography which ended when she was filming and had released 'Nell'. (which is probably my favourite film of hers) An updated version would be good as that book is the better part of 20 years old... (well maybe 15?? I suppose I could check but...) Anyway a lot has happened since then including the birth of her 2 kids.

Earlier tonight I started in reading Alice Walker's biography; 20 pages down, 450 to go.

A couple of surprises tonight. Out of the blue a call from my old girlfriend Audrey; remember her? The sexy senior citizen? She called to say that following her fall, her hospital stay and rehab she is out and about again. We had a nice 15 minute chat and updated one another on all the news. I'll see her Saturday night.
Then I had a message from my son's common-law updating me on their news and how the baby is doing - 7 weeks old and over 10 lb. I sent her one right back filling her in on our stuff. Now if we could just get Russ to sit down and write a note or pick up a phone.......

Lynda's and my time together continues to be scanty and we're facing some pretty serious problems but the big difference now over a year or two ago is that we work at them together. As opposed to independently and in isolation. Now it is 'us', back to back, vs 'the world' with some very direct dialogue happening on an ongoing basis. Life is a lot easier when you're dealing with known issues and facts.

The job hunt continues. I've applied for 3 positions in the last week or so; no responses as yet.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kel said...

glad to hear you're finally shaking the flu

hang in there with the job search, its' only when the energy is being put in that direction that things will come your way

and i know they will

7:08 PM, September 18, 2008  
Blogger Norm said...

Yes, I very much believe in directed thinking affecting outcomes. Staying positive...

Thankd Kel.

9:37 PM, September 18, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home