Sunday, October 05, 2008

The Countdown Is On

Just 2 hours until my workweek is over. Hallelujah!

Lynda had some dental surgery on Friday and she is in surprisingly good spirits despite being full of stitches and having to eat only mushy foods. Swollen and discoloured and uncomfortable too. I'll have a shortened sleep and get up to help her with that job we do each weekend.

Monday I chair our AA home group meeting and I lined up a speaker for it earlier tonight. She is a counsellor at our women's treatment centre and I'm looking forward to hearing her.

I didn't think it was a good idea to rework my resume here at work this week so I'll be into that in coming days along with cover letters to be sent in response to a couple of postings I've seen lately. A hateful exercise but a necessary one.

This is the lead up week into our Canadian Thanksgiving long weekend and the turkey is already bought. Yeehaw! I imagine we will have a houseful come Sunday. Unfortunately I have to be back at work Sunday evening so dinner will be an early one.

There will be daily visits to Mom's place all week as my sister Linda left last night to visit a friend in Florida. She and Mom just got a new puppy and Mom will need a break from running after it.

My American blog friends will be jealous of this what with the seemingly never ending buildup to their election. We're having a federal election here too. The entire campaign from start to finish is 37 days. Yes, 37 DAYS!! Our PM brought this one on by having the Governor General dissolve parliament before the end of his mandate but the polls show he may get himself a majority government out of it. Thank God we don't have to put up with months on end of politicking and rhetoric and back biting. 5 parties, 3 of which are contenders, and no real choices. Want fries with that?

The weather has cleared up and really cooled off. I was just outside and it's about 7degC - the stars are brilliant. Orion is splayed out right over head. I hope to spend lots of time out of doors this week puttering, walking and taking some pictures.

Time to wrap things up and put this baby to bed. Later......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home