Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Kinda Funny.... or not

ew! Nice red blood you got there!

As Lynda was readying herself for work the other day I headed outside to dismantle a wooden surround on our front deck. I hefted a hammer and then a hatchet, choosing the hatchet in favour of its slightly greater weight. Lynda came to see what the noise was about when I'd made the first couple of mighty whacks - 'You be careful swinging that thing around, hear?'

'Yeah, yeah..... I'm using the butt end not the blade.'

I switched it over to my left hand and took a couple of quick backswings, felt the snick-tug on the back of my forearm and thought nothing of it... more focused on where I was aiming the blows and the damage I was doing. Then I felt this curious warm sensation moving down my arm; DAMN! Bloody, blood blood everydamnedplace.

'Hey hon - suppose you could help clean this up before you go??'
"Damn it Norm, you're bound and determined to make me late, aren't you? What the hell have you done to yourself?"

On the inside curve of the blade there was a tiny metal burr that I caught myself on. Imagine the mess I could have made with the business side of a hatchet.

You should see me around large machinery........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home