Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Words, Music and Pictures

Another pit stop at the library on the way to work tonight....

I hadn't finished the Alice Walker biography and hadn't cracked the cover of the Hunter S Thompson (Gonzo) one so I renewed them both. One or two more nights of reading for Walker's.

Lots more music
(2005) Bruce Cockburn's 'Speechless'. Journeyman Canadian singer, songwriter, guitarist.
(2005) Jars of Clay 'Redemption Songs'. Christian music band out of Tennessee.
(2001) Ben Folds 'Rockin' the Suburbs'. American singer, songwriter, multi instrumentalist.
(1999) Carlos Del Junco 'Big Boy'. Cuban / Canadian blues harmonica player.
(2006) Kenny Wayne Shepherd '10 Days Out'-Blues From the Backroads. CD & DVD
(2005) Susan Tedeschi 'Hope and Desire' Spectacular American blues guitarist and singer now based in Florida. I love her voice.

I had a little more time to look around at the library this time; it wasn't a hurried dash in and out. There is a 'new' DVD bin (new to me anyway) and I found a couple of old releases that I wanted to see. The DeNiro / Foster smash 'Taxi Driver' from 1976.... and 2004's 'Big Fish'. I don't think I've seen Taxi Driver since seeing it in the theatre when it was released so it will be all 'new' to me again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home