Saturday, October 18, 2008

Silent night

Lord it's quiet here sometimes. It took a few of the guys a couple of hours to settle for the night but no one has stirred for the last few hours. Phones aren't ringing tonight either. I'll enjoy the peace, I suppose. I haven't even bothered to put any tunes on....... ssshhhhh.

I've kept myself occupied doing some book work and filing, catching up on some emails, crawling the blogs for my regular reads, and reviewing some AA service meeting info. I have to be up early Sunday to attend said service meeting. Later on, on Sunday, stepson #3 has invited Lynda and I over to the townhouse for a roast beef dinner. We just have to furnish the roast; he's cooking it.

Earlier today, after I'd gotten up mid-afternoon, I headed out to do some running around. I presented myself at the return desk of the library to return the books and cd's I had on loan. The gal started flipping through the cases and noticed one of the cd's was misssing and I'm thinking, 'Crap! What have I done now?' Just then an announcement comes over the P.A. saying they are closing in 5 minutes - make your choices and bring them to the desk. I have her check the cd back out to me so I can search for it, dash down the aisle to where I know the biographies are and grabbed the first one that looked interesting. Looking through it a few minutes ago and it's one I read a few months ago - this one is the softcover edition instead of hardcover but hey, the contents are the same. Crap. At home I checked the computers disc drive; no cd. Get to work and check this station; no cd. I have no clue where the damned thing is cuz these are the two places I've played it. Double crap.

So, Lynda was going out with her East Indian Trini friend after work today figuring she would be home around six. She's late, which is par for the course when they're out together, but around 6:30 she calls to say "Go ahead and eat, we're running behind.' Damn, here I'm looking forward to some tasty roti and samosa and hot & sweet dipping sauces for brekkie / dinner. I got my stuff together and stopped at Arby's for a bite on the way to work.

I made it here in time for the in-house AA meeting - each week a different AA group puts it on as a service meeting. Except tonight the group pulled a no-show. Luckily there were enough of our Friday night regulars, mostly alumni, to put it on with the help of a few of the clients doing some of the readings. The show must go on......

Another day almost done -- time to gather my gear, get ready to clear on out of here and home to bed. Have a good one.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home