Sunday, October 19, 2008

Upcoming Blog Birthday

Come Monday it will have been two full years since I started this gig - amazing! It came about by stumbling on some folks blogsites and beginning to follow them through their posts. After a couple of months of that I came to the conclusion that hey! I can get in on this too. Away I went.... and here I am.

Along the way I've posted some opinion pieces about the things I care about - a bit about recovery, a fair lot about music and more recently books. (There has also been quite a lot of straight-up day-to-day news that I'm sure is probably pretty boring for some but it keeps me occupied.) I was helped through some difficult times by blog friends - mainly regarding Lynda's and my break-up, time apart and reunion. Good times too - with our grandson Owen and the births of my kid's kids, Zeph and Madison. Through these things I've been fortunate to have made some damned decent friends and I feel fortunate to be a part of this ever growing on-line community. (Seems I've made another friend this week in Martin at hstbooks.com. Hello Ireland!!) You all mean a lot to me and on those occasions where I felt I could be of help, I've tried to be. Lord knows you've helped me.

I never fail to be amazed at the number and variety of talented people 'out there' offering up their work in words, photos and artwork. That and the appreciation, support and encouragement that flies back and forth between parties. Awesome. Maybe I'll dig through my archives to see what all is in there. Whenever I do that I always come across something I had forgotten about ever having written..... surprise, surprise. (Senior's moments already.)

And for anyone interested I'm having my last intended cigarettes tonight - I'm going to try and lay them down for good again. See, one thing I've hated about smoking for the last few years is having to smoke outside in cold weather. I was just outside for one and I bet it is down to 0C/32F out there - freezing!! One more motivating factor, by geez. Wish me luck. BTW - it is a beautiful still clear night. The stars are shimmering like diamond dust on blue-black velvet.

Labels: , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Kel said...

this is a wish sending comment:

happy blog birthday
good luck with cig quit

:)

5:53 PM, October 19, 2008  
Blogger Norm said...

Today is the day! Thanks Kel.

I'm hoping to be back later on in the day with a post. Zzzzzzz so far.

1:09 PM, October 20, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Norm, it's always good to meet a new friend (you) in such a way. Many thanks again for the mention. Good luck with the ciggy quit...

M.

3:07 PM, October 23, 2008  
Blogger Norm said...

Likewise, M.

So far, so good regarding the smokes since 4 a.m. Sunday morning til now 3 p.m. Thursday afternoon.

A little better as time goes on.

3:26 PM, October 23, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home