Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Obama - rama

Johnny Canuck checking in to say Yahoooo!!! I started watching the election coverage at 9 pm local time and quickly caught the drift once Ohio & New Mexico went blue, woo-hoo!! Add the west coast and it totals out to 270+.... that's all she wrote. By 10 o'clock our national network had declared Obama the winner even as the west coast polls were closing.

McCain said all the sorts of things you could ask for in a concession speech; he really showed the good stuff he is made of. A class act indeed.

When Lynda got in from work I told her we had to watch Obama's speech, that it would be a barn-burner, a once in a life time event. I was envisioning something along the lines of Churchill, JFK or Martin Luther King and I wasn't disappointed. Same as King's "I had a dream" speech I found myself tearing up throughout his delivery. God bless him and best of luck through his term in office.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Obama sure gives a good speech, doesn't he? :)

I can't tell you how relieved I am that he won. Yahooooo!!! is right.

1:37 PM, November 07, 2008  
Blogger Norm said...

Nothing personally against McCain but for me his politics, age and decision to take on Palin nixed him in my book.

Yes there is something about the timbre of Obama's voice and the declaritive nature of what he says that resonates with me.

Following my blogmates; you, Am, yb - I'm happy things turned out the way they did for all your sakes.

2:35 PM, November 07, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home