Sunday, November 02, 2008

What's Ahead??

The plan is to try and do the quicky shift switcheroo so I can get my days and nights flipped around to 'real' world hours. I'll have a much abbreviated sleep after I get off work in the morning so I can be back in bed early Sunday evening, back up and semi-functional Monday morning. I intend to report to a couple of temporary employment agencies to see if I can line up any sort of work for the balance of the week. The hope is that I can make a positive impression somewhere and get hired on a full time basis. At the very least I can make some contacts and get a line on who is hiring in the area.

There are a couple more CVs and cover letters to be sent out; a couple of follow up calls to make for others I sent out previously. One guy I know works for a printing firm and had mentioned the possibility of a CSR position opening up - gotta track him down and bend his ear. I used to work in print.

What else? The countdown is on for that Dylan concert here in town next week, the 12th. Woo-Hoo!! I'm glad I splurged for those tickets. Here's hoping he has a good night. Hmmm.... let's listen to some 'Modern Times', shall we? Get online and check some reviews and set lists.....

Lynda will be working her later shift this week so maybe I'll try to take in a couple of extra AA meetings - get out and see some friends.

I'm also looking forward to the American election Tuesday and to see what the result will be. (Plus it will FINALLY!! be over.) It has been a long, exhausting process. All rhetoric aside, in a political sense Obama fills the bill for me. McCain is too much of a hawk for me. And although expectations are that this will be a close race I do hope there is a clear winner.

Enjoy your week - I'll be back around when I'm able.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with the job hunt!

I am so hoping for Obama.

11:49 AM, November 04, 2008  
Blogger Norm said...

Yes Am - I have my fingers crossed both ways. The hard part is these next hours of waiting for the election results.

12:36 PM, November 04, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home