Thursday, November 27, 2008

This Too Shall Pass

This week I've been keeping myself, my thoughts and moods to myself because I haven't felt I've been very good company..... why share the negative stuff here... a little too much time on my own I think. Some struggles with mood swings happening and some of the causes are knowns; others not so much. Trying to muddle through and sort them out best I can. Various pressures are vying to swamp my boat - I ain't gonna let'em.

Seems to be a lot of that going on these days with people I know personally and yes, out there in the ether as well. Broken spirits, broken hearts, grief stricken souls, struggles on the job, with family, in hearts and minds, with past issues, fearful of the future. Stress on stress - bah!

Best advice to self - be patient. be persistent. be kind. be grateful. allow others to be themselves. let go and let God handle the big stuff.

A post of Lea Kelley's got me thinking along more appreciative lines tonight
http://leakelley.wordpress.com/2008/11/26/thank-you-for-someone-else/
so, thank you Lea Kelley for your thought provoking perspective. I'm glad I have my own problems and not anyone else's. Things could, after all, be very much worse than they are.

BTW Lea - I'd like your email address should you drop by.

I should have learned to play the banjo. Ever see someone plucking a banjo that wasn't smiling? Me neither.

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Best advice to self - be patient. be persistent. be kind. be grateful. allow others to be themselves."

I like that, Norm. Thanks. :)

4:06 PM, November 29, 2008  
Blogger Norm said...

You're welcome. Words I need to remind myself of and live by.

See what happens when you open yourself to outside perspective? I thank Lea for getting me going this time.

11:45 PM, November 29, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home