Friday, November 28, 2008

Tonight I'm Grateful For....

.... standing amidst gently falling fluffy snowflakes this still, silent night and appreciating the beauty of the moment.

..... an hour long phone conversation with my daughter out in Vancouver. We did a thorough check in with where we are in our lives, talked about our joys, sorrows and high hopes. We laughed.... and told one another how important our relationship is.

.... a rare and unexpected email from my son. Wonders never cease; independent cuss.

...... a break in the lousy weather that allowed Lynda and I to walk the dogs after she arrived home from work. Walking and talking - a good way to start my day and wind down from hers.

.... an hour spent with the overnight counsellor reminiscing about the foolishness and insanity of our drinking and drugging days. Dumbfoundingly amazing that we survived our stupidity. Knee slapping funny to talk about though. 20/20 hindsight and all that....

..... friends - you know who you are.

Satisfied I have enough......

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a lovely list of thankfuls. You're a lucky guy, Norm. :)

4:04 PM, November 29, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

P.S. And although this won't be appreciated...

I'm thankful the snow is going your way across the lakes. (I'm sure we'll get more soon enough.)

4:05 PM, November 29, 2008  
Blogger Norm said...

Sometimes I need a boot in the butt to realize how fortunate I am.

.....and, oh yes, I'm sure we'll both have our share of snow. We've had a couple of decent snowfalls but it keeps getting mild enough that it melts in a couple of days.

11:49 PM, November 29, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're an awfully good sort, you know that?

12:12 PM, December 08, 2008  
Blogger Norm said...

(blush)
I'll take that as high praise, thanks. I try.

2:29 PM, December 08, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home