Thursday, November 06, 2008

Dazed Days


Although we're enjoying a brilliant warm autumn day outside the weather between my ears isn't so good. Chuck full today with anxiety, fear and uncertainty. This too shall pass.....

In the meantime a shot of colour seems approriate. This shot is from our trip to Vancouver 13 or so months ago and if memory serves correctly Lynda took this one. We visited a few different gardens so I can't credit this one with any certainty.
I attended a meeting yesterday morning up at 'the residence' and things are still very much up in the air. Regular daytime staff have been assured of an income through until the end of the year. My status is yet to be determined in that regard. I might get pulled in with other staff to run day programming, or not. I know I'm supposed to work a shortened week next week into Friday morning. That is crunch day.
Lynda and I are talking out the various angles around these issues and mainly it's providing a way to vent and discharge the negative stuff but also brainstorm some creative solutions. Time to get back to working on some cover letters.....

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Kel said...

oh I feel for what you're going through at work, similar stuff going down in my workplace too, makes life hell

i'm dreaming of 2009 as the "year of living normally"

wishing the same for you, no more shiftwork, but a role with hours that allows you to live with the rest of the population, right side up :-)

5:05 PM, November 06, 2008  
Blogger Norm said...

Ohhh, very much appreciated Kel. I like those ideas - right side up & 2009 the year of living normally.

You've told me a bit about your workplace - I hope things settle down or change to suit you.

So far I still have a job unlike a half dozen others through the company.

5:35 PM, November 06, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a beautiful picture, Norm.

I'm so sorry you're having to go through all this anxiety. I hope things settle down for you soon, in a way that's best for you.

1:36 PM, November 07, 2008  
Blogger Norm said...

Yeah, the search is on big time. I split my time between checking online job sites frequently and getting stuff done about the house.

Tailoring cover letters and CVs is a time consuming business.

Thanks for your good wishes.

2:31 PM, November 07, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home