Friday, January 09, 2009

Let The Trumpets Blare

I knew this was coming up and only just thought to check; I like to observe these little milestones.

Ta-Da-Dah-Dahhhh!!!!

Today marks 2,000 days sober under grace and via a miracle. If I can, anyone can.

Okay, all better now..... back to regular blogging.

But I'll leave you with this - The Serenity Prayer. A.A. meetings are commonly opened with the recitation of the first four lines.

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen.
--Reinhold Niebuhr

There were days early on when I thought I would wear out this little ditty. It got me through some tough times.

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Kitty said...

Thanks for your comment on my photoblog.

2000 days is an amazing accomplishment.

I lost a father to alcoholism and two brothers from substance abuse so I have seen the struggles with this illness.

Stay sober. One day at a time.

5:34 AM, January 09, 2009  
Blogger Norm said...

Welcome Kitty and thanks for the visit and your kind words.

One day, one moment sometimes is the ticket to newfound freedom.

Sorry to hear you can relate. I see and hear these sorts of things all the time unfortunately.

7:03 AM, January 09, 2009  
Blogger Lea Kelley said...

Bravo!
By the way, You can never wear out the serenity prayer.

11:59 AM, January 09, 2009  
Blogger Norm said...

Ohhh, thank God for that Lea. lol ... and thanks.

I'm indebted to a lot of people to have got this far. It's an inside fix but with the help of tons of outside guidance.

2:02 PM, January 09, 2009  
Blogger Kel said...

celebrating with you
way to go Norm!

3:30 PM, January 09, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home