Wednesday, January 07, 2009

A Quicky For Now......

Being Tuesday I didn't have to be here at work until a little later but I still had my work out of the way in no time flat. I've been all round the web but haven't got around to my regular reads as yet. Soon..... well, later on anyway.

After a couple of high pressure, cold, clear skies days it has socked in again and is snowing steadily. The forecast is calling for a few inches of the white stuff, then a period of freezing rain, and switching back for more snow. It ought to be an interesting ride home come morning. C'est la vie.

There was a music group that formed back in '68, I believe in California, called Rhinoceros. It was the first of the super groups drawing it's members from a few different name bands including Iron Butterfly and the Mothers of Invention. Their first album, self titled, knocked a lot of people on their butts with it's blend of rock, R&B, blues and ballads. Woo-Hoo, I just found a website for them!! Turns out some of the members eventually settled in the Toronto area and are still playing. A little more searching ought to turn up some future gigs. In case you're interested here is a link: http://www.rhinoceros-group.com/index.html

Last night I watched a movie - 'Girl Interrupted' (1999) with Winona Ryder playing the lead. Angelina Jolie won a best supporting actor Oscar for her work. Good film; thoroughly enjoyed it. One of the counsellors I work with is a real film buff and this is one of three he loaned me. In a few minutes I'm going to watch 'My First Mister' (2001) which is directed by Christine Lahti. The other one is 'Cinema Paradiso' which I think is an Italian production and which Ken says is his favourite film of all time. High praise.... hope it's to my taste. Ciao.

Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought Jolie was fantastic in that film.

I loved the Lara Croft movies, fun and adventure, but since then haven't cared for her films, her personal life or her pathos.

I guess I side with Jen.

3:36 PM, January 08, 2009  
Blogger Norm said...

She was great in that role. After watching it I pulled up her filmography and realized I had never seen her act in anything before. I'll check out the Lara Croft films.

btw, I thought Winona was terrific in her role as well. Good story, cast and production.

12:12 AM, January 09, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home