Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Wine Tip

I know - strange for a retired alky to be suggesting a drink nevermind something in particular...but hey! that's just the kind of guy I am..... still trying to share the good stuff even if it isn't good for me.

The wines are probably labelled differently in different countries so I won't name them but a couple have been recommended to Lynda lately that she went ahead and bought. Both of them are blended wines; one was Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot, the other a Cabernet with Shiraz. They are a dense, rich red with a terrific 'nose' to them. On both occasions when Lynda poured a glass she told me I had to have a whiff of them. They smell glorious!! I could get into a pack of trouble with these, I tell ya, but of course I'd need a 5 gallon pail to start with. Lynda says they pack quite a punch though; that she can feel the effects after just a glass.

One brand was from South Africa; the other from Australia. Have an eye!! The nose knows!

Labels: , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Kel said...

i don't drink, but you have to tell ... the aussie one...?

3:58 AM, February 04, 2009  
Blogger Norm said...

I'd have to check the recycle bin to be sure Kel but it may have been from Blass.

4:06 AM, February 04, 2009  
Blogger Norm said...

p.s. - in case you're wondering as well about the SA one... I think it was Roberts Rock.

4:13 AM, February 04, 2009  
Blogger Norm said...

Turns out I was right; it's a Wolf Blass. We used to be on such good terms I would call him 'Wolfy' or just plain 'Blass'. He is one of a large group that I used to see on a daily basis.... been a while now.

They never call, never write to see how I'm doing. Funny, eh?

3:53 PM, February 04, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home