Sunday, December 03, 2006

Wrapping Up and Winding Down

The work week is into it's final hours; rarely do I feel this way but I'm actually glad and relieved that it's almost over. Personalities are clashing, words have been exchanged, tempers simmering. Counselling this one, counselling that one; putting out fires for hours and all the while new blazes popping up. I hope with the new day the guys are over what is bothering them. With all that has happened this week I'm feeling worn out and dispirited; uninterested in dealing with the juvenile nature of most of the incidents. It distracts and detracts from what is most important here; making a beginning at recovery.

Renewal begins tomorrow with sleeping away a good portion of the day and then up for the dinner date with Lynda. It'll be good to spend some time together; talk about 'nine times nothing' (stuff & nonsense) and enjoy the sound of her voice and laughter.

The rest of the week is an unknown. Mom wants me to take her on a daytrip to visit Dad's gravesite, see some out of town friends and do a bit of shopping. That's a good thing, we'll both enjoy doing that and each others company. We'll have to keep an eye on the forecast and figure out which day to go.

They might be starting interviews this week for the other position so I'll have to gear up for that. Approach it as though I might actually get it even if the odds are against me.

Then there's Christmas shopping - yikes! Thankfully my list is short so I shouldn't be out in the crowds for long.

** I've been listening to the 'Cold Mountain' soundtrack as I type away here; check it out! Old style bluegrass music. Alison Krauss's 'You will be my ain true love' is beautiful. **

I want to enter Kel's writing contest at xfacta so I'd best find time to sit down and craft a story. There are a couple of likely ones that have been spinning round my head. *I made the same mistake and thought it was her name on the book cover; turns out it's a male Kel.*

A friend is coming in for treatment on Monday so I'll see him at my home group meeting that night. He's been detoxing at a family members home, out of town for a couple of weeks and is doing well. I arranged to meet a sponsee at a service meeting Wednesday night; he's sober and loving it. Feeling better and better.

As I was sitting here in the dark last night I was wondering just how big this place might be. If your average bungalow is about 1,400 sq ft this residence must be 7 - 8,000 sq ft. It's time to go tour it again. Check in when you can.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kel said...

cant' wait to read your story!

2:25 AM, December 05, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home