Wednesday, May 02, 2007

All Over The Map

I missed the window of opportunity to talk to the kids tonight. Things got busy here for awhile and before I knew it, it was too late to call. Tomorrow night.

That meeting took place this afternoon with the realtor; I signed with her and we checked out some properties online. We've planned to go out looking Friday when I get up in the afternoon. We're zoning in on condo apartments, townhomes and 'power of sale' foreclosures on detached or semi-detached houses at the lower end of the market. I did a drive-by one of the houses on the way to work; it isn't pretty on the outside but the photos of the interior look alright. I like the location just north of the downtown area - sort of a quirky area with a mix of large and small homes, some new and some quite old.

I continue to kid around with Lynda about how she'll miss me when I've gone. She kids right back to the effect that she won't have the opportunity to enjoy that experience until I actually leave, and what seems to be the hold up?? We laugh, we hug, we're sick, we're co-dependent. She removed her wedding band a couple of weeks ago but continues to wear her engagement ring. I guess she likes the big sparkly stones in it, or perhaps it adds to her feeling of self worth. My band will remain where it is until I no longer 'feel' married. I may die before that happens. The last time I checked that was the way it was supposed to work.

Although the program as it's presented here in treatment isn't based in religion I got into a discussion with the counsellor I worked with on Monday night about a particular author. He was telling me about Richard Rohr's book "Sermon From (On?) The Mount" and how it relates to another book from back in the 30's or 40's by (?) Emmett Fox with the same title. I read enough in the foreward of the book to get me interested and ask to borrow it when he's done with it. Rohr also has a series of audio tapes and I'm to get some of those along with the book.

On a related note, we have former clients who call in on a regular basis and I was speaking with one of them earlier tonight as he was driving home from work. Out of the blue he asked about my religious beliefs, then pulled his car to the side of the road and proceeded to read me Psalm 112 re: The Happiness of a Person. Although I used to hear from him 2 or 3 times a week I hadn't heard from him in 2 or 3 months - since we changed our phone system. When I asked why he'd chosen to call tonight he said he'd been struck by that reading when he'd read it earlier today and wanted to share it with me. Thank you, Chris; I needed that. I'm trying to get my life in order. If I can take licence with the first step of AA and change just one letter: We admitted we were powerless over alcohol and my wife has become unmanageable. Enough said. I am responsible for my share.

On to music: that Prince CD I picked up a couple of weeks ago has been in the player steady and I've been enjoying it on the way back and forth to work. 'Musicology'. 'Hey - check out the middle aged white guy blasting the funk.' Gotta love it.

I also gotta go check houses on MLS - I need a place to lay my head. Bye.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home