Thursday, May 03, 2007

Time Is Short.......

.....so this will likely be a quick one.

There was quite a delay in getting on with my work tonight as we had to discharge a client after returning from our meeting; his urine tests had come back positive. A quick search of his room found a number of empty pill bottles which he admitted were his and so he's gone. Sad, as he suffers from chronic pain but he can't be using substance that we treat for.

Once I had the bulk of my duties out of the way I called Sarah in Vancouver and spoke to Daniel for a while before getting her on the line. Our phones show the elapsed time of calls and I was surprised to see that we were closing in on an hour - seemed we'd just got on. We managed to cover a lot of ground from both ends but mainly we cut up and had a blast and laughed. I love the way our relationship has evolved since her teen years. She told me there are copies of her latest ultrasound pictures on the way via snail mail for Mom, Lynda and I. What do good grampa's do - scan and post, maybe?? Sarah has been feeling a lot better and is finally gaining some significant weight. Three and a half months to go. Tomorrow night I'll try to catch up on Russ's news.

I spent a while scanning through the listings my agent had sent me by email and I'm already getting my heart set on one of them. The interior shots look good; the rooms aren't large but a decent size; everything is painted in light tones or white; it's been upgraded and looks clean. It's no hell to look at from the outside but I won't be standing on the street looking at it, will I? Mustn't get my hopes up before I have a chance to see it - I just hope it doesn't sell before I do.

Lynda sees her lawyer again later today and should have a copy of the papers for me to review. I don't know if we'll cross paths before I come to work or not; I might not see them until Friday morning. So long as they state accurately what we've agreed to I'll be satisfied. Hmmm... look at that statement. Seems I've come a long way in terms of acceptance in spite of the fact I don't want any of this.

Once I get up today I'll have to hit the ground running. I have that teen client for a couple of hours after he gets off school and there are a couple of things I have in mind that need to be covered in terms he understands. Then I head home to eat, maybe catch a little rest and h*ly cr*p, almost forgot - that's our theatre night, too. Mom, Lynda and I are off to see 'Witness For The Prosecution'. I know Mom remembered; don't know if Lynda has or not. Best leave a reminder for the counsellor who is on with me that I'll be late. In light of that I guess I'll see the legal papers after all. When my work night is done I'm supposed to stay up an extra couple of hours in order to get one of the cats to the vet. Mercy please.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have so much going on in your life. I don't know how you keep up with it.

Good luck with the housing. I'm the same way in that I try not to get my hopes up too soon, as if it will jinx the whole deal or something.

4:19 PM, May 03, 2007  
Blogger Norm said...

Yes, today I felt like I was being directed by the flippers in a pinball game - here, there & everywhere. I just try to be where I'm supposed to be, when I'm supposed to be there and be in the right frame of mind for whatever is in front of me to do.

I rely on calendars, daytimers and lots of notes / reminders so I don't forget anything. With the shift work I always seem to be operating in two days at once so it gets a little slippery sometimes.

12:43 AM, May 04, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home