Wednesday, May 02, 2007

One Welcome; One Hello Again

Sometimes we're lucky and have within our families certain people that we may not see nor speak to very often but are close to despite being separated by time and distance. Last night I invited one such, my cousin BJ, to view this blog and take a look at where my head has been transported through these last 6 months or so. Via the site meter I see she paid an extended visit this afternoon and so, welcome to my world. Good, bad or indifferent feel free to comment. I think we'll be even closer as a result; we're already closer than I am to my own sister. Our favourite aunt, Jane, celebrates her 70th birthday today. She's the youngest of her generation in the family.

I had an email from my friend and former workmate JPW tonight to say that he'd been checking in regularily but had been at a loss for words to comment on recent events. (That must be a first - the loss of words part. Lord this man can talk.) It was a very similar comment to a blog friend's a couple of weeks ago. The lack of comment is fine, that's okay. What matters is that I know you're out there and I do know you care. JPW also provided a wealth of information on FAS and associated disorders in regard to the teen I've just started working with. (He and I get together again Thursday when I get up.) I miss those times when our shifts coincided and you'd stay up half the night with me talking, listening to tunes and laughing. When I get settled we'll break bread one night. Why not show up at Whitby Saturday night?? I'll be with the guys. Ciao.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for your kind observant and perspective words, I'll put the meeting on my calendar.

Your friend,
J

4:06 PM, May 06, 2007  
Blogger Norm said...

How about my home group Monday or Lillian's medallion Wednesday??

10:24 PM, May 06, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home