Saturday, June 09, 2007

Good Day

I managed to get all my running around done by noon but the best part was getting food for tonight's dinner. There's a kiosk in the grocery store where they have a variety of prepared salads and such, and I was feeling like something light. How's this sound - seasoned roasted sweet potatoes with sunflower seeds; bruschetta with a multi-grain french loaf; chicken caesar pasta salad; english cucumber; yellow and red peppers; mini loaves of 'ancient' grains bread slathered with butter. If I'd had more time I'm sure I could have eaten everything that Wonder Woman and #2 stepson left.

Speaking of #2 - he's moving on Sunday into the condo apartment he bought. He's been in a buying frenzy ever since the deal was done. Living room furniture, flat panel TV, a wireless surround sound system, bed and dresser. He and I won't miss each other; two more different people you couldn't imagine.

Back at the ranch.....here at work.....during the week we had a big influx of younger guys so the whole dynamic of the house has changed. As they rebound faster from their use and feel better more quickly, the energy level picks up, and the noise. Personalities come into play and clashes occur. Things should settle out over the weekend as the relationships gel during their free time.

I've been getting keyed up about this medallion meeting I chair on Monday night although I keep reminding myself it's just another day, another meeting. Basically, I don't want to screw up especially since it's an important occasion for Terry and it'll be a big crowd. Oh well, most of them know me and what I'm like so no harm, no foul.

Lynda and I had some laughs today, both on the phone and face to face. I'm pretty sure she still loves me; she just isn't able to acknowledge that in words. Cat got your tongue??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home