Thursday, August 02, 2007

My New Roomie




Meet Jesus. I've been putting off bringing the two cats over here to live but decided this morning to bring Jesus to his new home. He's a Siamese Fighting Fish and seems quite happy with a freshly washed bowl and some new water. Rinse the pebbles and glass buttons, trim the plant roots, give him a little food; happy as a clam.

We started off calling him Fred, as in Fred the Fish. He developed a habit of burrowing into the glass beads and playing possum to the point where we'd be quite sure he must be dead. I'd stick my hand in to retrieve him and with a great flap of his tail he would scurry to frantic life again. He managed to fake us out quite a few times so we re-dubbed him Jesus in honour of his many rebirths.

I don't pray to him but I've been known to have fairly lengthy conversations with him. He's a great listener and doesn't disagree with a lot I say.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

He sounds like a great pet to have around. :)

11:30 AM, August 03, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home