Monday, July 30, 2007

1,000 Visits



Over the weekend the site meter recorded the 1,000th visit to this site - a little landmark for me. In retrospect it was encouragement from Michelle in S. Africa and Kel in Australia that gave me the kick in the pants I needed to make a start back in October. I was inspired also in part by Glen in Seattle as he has quite a site and is a great writer. (must pick his brain about a couple of things he does). Off the top I was commenting on various things I'm interested in, things which were going on in my life and some current events. A bit on music or things I happened to read.

Things changed for quite a time and I'm surprised and happy that regular readers stuck around - the situation with Lynda and I must have been like watching a trainwreck unfold. That entire situation continues to evolve and I'm happy with how things are developing. We speak on the phone at least a few times a day, or email and see one another most days. We spend time at each of the houses, visiting back and forth, eating together or helping with a bit of work on either end. We're okay and doing well.

I'm happy cousin BJ has become a regular reader and that 'fuzzychip' has rejoined the ranks. I imagine she'll be a regular after having been an occasional visitor early on. She has a fine mind and I'd like to catch up on what her work experience has been like lately.

There's a lot to be accomplished here at home this week and I'm glad to be up early to get a start on the job list. Yesterday was an 'off' day - some sort of a virus - and so I was up for only about 9 hours total. (shopped for food, visited Mom and watched a movie) It's supposed to be stinking hot for the next few days so I'll pace myself and plod away crossing things off the 'to-do' list. Morning coffee is done so there's no time like the present to get started. Have a 'brilliant' week!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on your 1,000 (now +) visits, Norm! :)

1:38 PM, July 30, 2007  
Blogger Norm said...

Thanks Robin. (The only problem is that likely a quarter of those are ME!!) :)

3:34 PM, July 30, 2007  
Blogger Kel said...

happy thousand hits celebration
a milestone to be proud of

6:31 AM, August 01, 2007  
Blogger Norm said...

Thanks Kel for your encouragement and continuing to check in.

1:20 PM, August 01, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home