Monday, October 08, 2007

All Is Well.....

....except this computer. This is sort of a typing time test to see how much I can do before it crashes. Hmmm......

The weekend was a good one with time spent with L'il 'O', lots of good food, a couple of conversations with Sarah in Vancouver and a couple of good talks with Lynda. More will be revealed as time goes on; apparently.

I've just been catching up on a couple of blogmates sites and there are lots of goodies out there. Thanks Robin, and Bibliomom, for sharing regarding your journals - excellent stuff.

Although this is a very strong area for recovery there have been a couple of individual cases lately that make me appreciate where I'm at in this journey, how far I've come. Early on I was in the 'pity-pot' wondering 'why me?; why did I have to be an alcoholic? why couldn't I have a drink without losing it? how would I make through life without a drink in hand? why can't I just be normal? Now, in light of friends relapsing, I'm wondering why I was chosen to recover. How and why did the obsession to drink leave me? I don't feel I'm special or particularly deserving of this new life but I have it to live anyway. Of three people who contacted me today, one has just signed himself into another rehab, one emailed to say he's been using but intends to get it together and come back, the other came to our home group tonight after using all summer and hitting a new bottom. He's looking to get some sanity, health and normalcy back in his life. Why me and not them? There are no good reasons except timing and willingness, I suppose. I have something to give to them if they show up wanting it.

Sobriety
Loses
It's
Priority,
spells SLIP.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home