Wednesday, October 24, 2007

The First Day.....

....on the job is supposed to feel a bit strange, right??



After a few introductions, a quick status meeting and a whirlwind orientation....there I was!! Not knowing exactly how to use a particular software I played around a bit checking out different fields and then plugged in a headset to start fielding phone calls. Oh yeah, didn't know how to use this phone system properly either.....oops; heh, heh. Dropped a couple of calls but I don't think anyone was hurt too badly.



All in all not a bad day but not swimmingly fabulous either. I felt I was thrown into the drink with the expectation I knew how to swim. Treading water is better than drowning. Dog paddle tomorrow and by next week the Australian Crawl!!



Did I mention it's in a big office tower - here's the view from my window. Right next to heaven.


2 Comments:

Blogger Kel said...

Aussie Crawl - yeah!

I have a snorkel here if you wanna borrow it :)

Are you serious - that's the view from your window!?!

6:05 AM, October 25, 2007  
Blogger Norm said...

How about a paddle board I can rest on - my arms are getting tired. The snorkel would come in handy when I go under tho.

You like that view?? Lynda shot that from the plane when we were over the Rockies on the way back from Vancouver. About 30,000 feet. (I wish I had that to look at every day.)

6:49 PM, October 25, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home