Monday, October 22, 2007

Forwarded Emails......

......pro or con???

I don't mean to centre anyone out but, just for instance, my friend JPW sent on a couple of emails today. (and yes John, you are my friend) One of them was one of those friendship ones that you're supposed to return to sender and forward on to those you consider to be friends. Sorry John but I very, very rarely do those although I certainly appreciate the sentiment attached. You wouldn't be in my contact list if you weren't a friend. (I tend not to email my legion of enemies; I ignore them.)

Now the other one I did like and I'll make it available upon request.....but you have to ask for it. By the look of it it has likely been knocking around for awhile just in light of a couple of things it references....but to me it's a tremendous perspective piece by Ben Stein. Ben is a humourist and commentator in the U.S. and this piece is attributed to him. It is about Christianity, Judaism, people's right to choice regarding spirituality and religion, and the way society is going particularly in the U.S. While I don't agree 100% with every thing he says his writing does provoke thought. I think that is a good thing.

So, friend JPW, continue to send them - I'll sort them - but don't be offended if you don't get them back.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No worries, their as annoying to me as they probably are to you. Although, if someting interesting does come my way I will send it along.
How was your first day?
J

8:50 AM, October 23, 2007  
Blogger Norm said...

1st day is tomorrow; needed time to turn the clock around and cover a couple of appt.s today. Later, N.

9:44 AM, October 23, 2007  
Blogger desertgolfer said...

Hey, guy. I've been around a little, but not as much. Busy over at the Smoking Cessation forum (you do remember that place, don't you LOL) helping out. Also, some dental surgery; just got my first implant; expensive, but much better than an empty hole in my mouth. Took a short trip with DH and mom. I'm back golfing a little as the leg seems to be cooperating more. YAY!! Someone just sent me the Ben Stein piece, and I loved it. I'm a Christian, and, in the US, it seems like that's as low on the totem pole as you can go these days. All other religions take precedence. I never forward those emails with "send this back and on" unless I removed that disclaimer. Rarely do I like one well enough to send it on. Besides, it infinitely circular - send it to you with instructions to send it back to me which tells me to send it to you. Well, you get it - ad infinitum, or catch 22, or something to that affect (or is it effect?). I have trouble catching my breath reading your blog some days. You are one busy man.

1:35 AM, November 04, 2007  
Blogger Norm said...

Hiya Sue - good to hear from you and glad you're getting about better than you were for so long.

Per relegiosity: the louder the rhetoric the quicker I tune out. So long as anyone of any relegion is tuning into the spiritual and is attempting to grow, to live, to reach out...the world will be better for it.

As for being busy; it sure keeps me out of trouble. Life might not be all it should be but it ain't for lack of trying.

10:15 PM, November 04, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home