Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Eloquence

From time to time I'll see a bit of writing that stops me in my tracks, makes me pause and it continues to rattle about my cranium; echoing. They are simple words and not a lot of them but when combined in just this way they have tremendous power......with me anyway.

The quote was posted today in one called 'Reclaiming Peace' by Robin at Bountiful Healing - the quote itself comes from the published diaries of Etty Hillesum called An Interrupted Life.

This sounds like another must read. I have list on list (thanks BJ) of books I must get to - pitter, patter - better get to the library & get busy.

Robin - I'm very glad you're so well read and decided to 'collect' and journal all these quotes. Thanks for sharing.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Norm,

I watched a great movie the other night....Roberto Begnini's 2005 "The Tiger and The Snow". Interesting little love story about Roberto's character falling for a woman who heads off to Iraq.
Funny at times but also wonderfully moving.

If you ever find time between heaven and home check it out.
J

11:55 PM, October 24, 2007  
Blogger Norm said...

Maybe I should rent it for when Lynda comes over tomorrow night. Whatd'ya think?? Hmmm....?
Definitely keep an eye out for it.

6:39 PM, October 25, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great idea!
J

12:59 AM, October 26, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know if my first attempt to comment go sent to you or not. Izzy was trying type again. LOL!

Anyway...

I was saying thank you, Norm, for visiting and taking away something for yourself from BH. :)

11:29 AM, October 26, 2007  
Blogger Norm said...

Seems that way most every day but this one especially so.

Darned Izzy still isn't giving you any respect, eh? (and no the first message didn't arrive)

7:53 PM, October 26, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home