Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Ahhhh.... Almost..... Soon

I managed to get clear from work before 10 this morning so I headed for the house as Lynda had invited me for brunch during a late night phone call last night. She had asked me to pick up bread and while in the grocer's I noticed a display of flowers. The produce manager Curly (a bald guy) saw me checking them out and told me they had just come in the door. Amongst them was a beautiful bouquet of deep red roses - they had Lynda's name all over them. It's a day early for Valentine's but better early than to come up short at the last minute; I bought them. She liked them a lot and we had a couple of good hours together catching up on our news.

I came home to clean up and change before my neuro appointment, dashed off again and had one of the shortest sessions ever with a doctor. 'Champix / Chantrix for you?? Not a chance!' The latest news regarding it is the FDA is reviewing whether to continue to make it available or not - there have been a number of suicides associated with its use and increased incidence of psychotic episodes. 'Try hypnosis, the patch and gum, accupuncture, laser therapy, go herbal and don't smoke but you aren't going on this medication.' Okay doc - that's why I rely on you. You know best. (...and you were right Susan in your warning)

Seeing as how it has done nothing but snow here recently I went to Mom and Linda's place to check on them, see if they needed anything and whether they needed any shovelling done. I wakened Linda when I arrived; she'd been resting completely prone on the living room sofa. She's still not feeling awfully well, moving very freely nor eating or drinking very much. We three yacked while Mom and I had a couple of cups of tea.

Supplies have been running low here on the homefront so on the way home I stopped at a department store and grocery to re-stock on some essentials. Dinner is in the oven cooking while I've checked friend's blogs and caught up on emails. It is simple but rib-sticking fare... mmm.... mmm

I had the pleasure of running into and catching up with friend JPW the other night. We hadn't seen one another in months, since we met up at that chicken joint.... in the fall? He's looking well, is happy and has been as busy as a one-armed paperhanger; sorta like me. Which is the best reason we haven't met up - our schedules don't jive. One day again soon, I hope.

Earlier when I stopped in to clean up I checked my various email accounts and there was a disturbing one from 'Woodys' foster dad. A bare bones message with no details; that Woody had been removed from their home the previous evening; that I should call his worker for details. ACCKKK! Crap!! His life just changed dramatically for the worse. The message I left with the worker is unanswered.

There was a plan in mind for tonight - a soak in the tub, a movie, maybe a snooze. I've been dithering about trying to figure out whether I should go out and take in a meeting for my own benefit, or stick to the plan. I'm going to stay in and get some rest, I think. As I was leaving the house earlier today I invited Lynda to pack a bag and come by when she gets off work later. Now that's a plan I'd like to see come together.

Oh - one last thing. I haven't posted comments to friend's blogs much lately but I make quick check-ins and I also know who my frequent visitors are. Kel, your trip will soon be upon you - may it be everything you can possibly imagine and much, much more. Robin - your writing, your photography and the way you match them up with your collection of quotes continues to dazzle me. Awesome! The Exquisite E - beautiful child. BJ - keep those prayers coming; mind if I share one here one day? JPW - stop lurking and being lazy; post a comment once in a while. Susan - good to be back in touch.

Time for the show folks...... gotta go.

Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

alright, alright...the blog stalker's been outed. I will return with something to say real soon.
I do want to say it was good seeing you the other night. Hope we can catch up over some grub soon.
JPW

10:57 PM, February 13, 2008  
Blogger Norm said...

Heh, heh, heh......I knew I'd get a rise out of you. Dinner sounds good - we'll just have to work out availability & a time and place.

11:38 AM, February 14, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home