Friday, March 28, 2008

Sheer Laziness.......

..... and loving every minute of it.


Lynda is back on days and needed someone to tend to Milo for the day yesterday. (Pick me, Pick me) He is a perfect angel when sleeping as you can see. When he isn't sleeping it is difficult to get a shot of him as he is a busy lad - everywhere and into everything; where you want him to be, he isn't. Our visit at at mom's was a quick one as he was into all manner of stuff - balls of knitting wool, piles of papers - everywhere we were, he didn't want to settle.

Once over to my place he had to give the place a thorough inspection but eventually found a sunny spot of a carpet and used my shoes for a pillow. After he had settled it didn't take me long to find the couch for a rest of my own. (I can't seem to conk out at night but give me anything horizontal during the day and look out) You see, REST, that is the theme for the week. I didn't know that back on Monday and it is only becoming clear to me today, Friday, but that's okay. It may not have been the intention at the beginning of the week but that is how it has turned out. Ah, well... Sleeping hasn't been a great deal better but I've hung in there like a trooper with those sheets swaddled around me winning all the debates as to why I should be up out of bed.

Milo and I snoozed so Al, my boarder, cooked and we had eaten when Lynda arrived from her dinner date. Despite being stuffed she joined in and had a cuppa but declined the biscuits. Chicken!! Lynnie didn't stick around for ages - we had a nice visit but before too long she felt like getting on home. We continue to help one another with day-to-day pressures, outside relations, work stuff, finances, our kids stuff. Hmmm....sounds just like being married, doesn't it?

I just had a check-in call from a friend knows why I missed Mondays meeting and who hasn't seen me at meetings since; there's a 'men's only closed discussion' happening at noon - let's go. There will be some new idea floating about the room that I need to hear today.

Gotta go.... likely check-in later.

*Update* I can see I hadn't been up long enough to be writing anything here. Even after editing it's a mess. Mea culpa. Shut up Norm.*

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home