Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Flip-Flop

Ever have an entire post written, re-read it and then drive the editing stake right through it's heart.... killing it dead and hitting the delete button. Just because you didn't like the tone of it?? I just did.

This has been a very strange day for me mood-wise. Started off well and happy, got a little tense, swung down, talked a couple of things out, lightened up.... now I'm dithering about with a sense of foreboding hanging in the air. Odd.

In the past I've found it easy to get caught up in 'big world' issues and allowed myself to be negatively affected by them. Today, briefly, the same thing happened after watching the evening news - gold prices down, fuel prices up, shortages of food, recession in the offing, big layoff locally at GM, politicians mouthing platitudes.......what's going on? where is all this leading? what does the future hold?

I need to do my best imitation of a turtle for awhile in regard to all 'that stuff' if I want to keep a semblance of sanity. Stay away from mainstream media. My circle of influence sometimes extends as far as my line of sight but is usually restricted to arms reach or the range of my voice. The future will be whatever it will be; I need to concentrate on enjoying *now*. I get to choose how I perceive my world; sometimes I need to remind myself of that fact.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I so hear you.

The turtle thing gets necessary here too, sometimes, like the Sarah Mclachlan song, the world really does seem to be on fire.

1:51 PM, May 10, 2008  
Blogger Norm said...

So we need to choose what it is we will tune in to, assimmilate and re-project in our minds and worlds.

I prefer tidy banked toasty embers to out of control blazes.

3:06 PM, May 10, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home