Wednesday, April 30, 2008

What I Like......

...about being home again.

1) Well, being with Lynda, of course.... she's changing, I'm changing, we're evolving. Looking after one another.... knowing how things ought to be. No holding back now.
2) Having extra time today to put some things away.... sorting clothes into dresser drawers and rearranging those hanging in the closet. Chucking the worn out duds; even the '94 Pink Floyd tour shirt - boo-hoo Division Bell.
3) Waking today to find one cat sleeping in front of me, one tucked behind my legs and Freedom snoozing on the floor beside the bed. We've moved the bedroom to the basement - the bed beside the lower patio doors. One mainfloor bedroom is being used for a dressing room; the other left for visitors staying over.
4) Having it feel like 'home'. The townhouse was a place to hang my hat, eat occasionally and sleep. I doubt it would ever have felt homelike. 'Home is where the heart is.'

I received an email the other day that wished me 'enough'; you may have seen it. That is what this list is for today - enough. Which is much better than the alternative, isn't it?

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay!! You sound good and settled and happy. :)

I'm a big fan of "enough." It's always going overboard that gets me into trouble in life. "Enough" is, well, perfect. :)

5:42 PM, May 03, 2008  
Blogger Norm said...

Yeah, you know I've arrived at a point where it's a real 'stock taking' - where am I at? what have I got going for me? Sitting back and checking it out.

Enough is appreciation of the *now*. The email might be a little corny to some but it struck me. Maybe I'll forward it to you and you can decide.

10:55 PM, May 03, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home