Thursday, May 01, 2008

Soundly Sleeping....

It was an insomniac's dreamscape - 6 solid hours of deep divng-down slumbers. Awesome!! This cycle is more than 2 months old now since things really kicked up into overdrive. Man, I think I was due.

I have vague recollections around midday when our dogwalker accidently let Milo downstairs and he was jumping around on my head, licking my face and neck. My hand made ineffectual 'swatting-at-flies' motions for a minute before he was removed. I was quickly back under the ether again diving for the depths.

There came an awareness of increased bouyancy, a lightness, a rising, of time passing...... then, what time is it? Slipsliding up through kelpy, wispery water plants,... shedding layers of felt blankets and getting an awareness of position and place. Slow to wake enjoying the sensations of dulled senses. Pasty with thirst. Insistent bladder.... best move now .... up for the day. Crack an eyelid, hmmm... 2 p.m. alright!

Renewed energy, relief of tension, ease in muscles, more patience, better frame of mind. Feels like more-some.

I bought some melatonin last week and took 2 or 3 doses on consecutive days but didn't like how it made me feel. But perhaps it managed to boot me out of this cycle (??) Anyway, thanks Kel for the reminder about it. I had used it years ago back when I had to bring it in from the States and it hadn't occurred to me to try it again until you mentioned it.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kel said...

yay!
so glad it might have kickstarted a better sleep cycle for you

5:13 AM, May 02, 2008  
Blogger Norm said...

Zzzzzzz.......Zzzzzzzzzz.......

Mfrryypp......ggrrnnnnn

Just up; seems to still be working!! Yay Kel!!

3:16 PM, May 02, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoyed the way you wrote this, Norm. :)

I tried melatonin a few years ago and it gave me the most bizarre dreams. I gave up on it after about 3-4 nights. But you're right. It does jump start good sleep patterns.

5:37 PM, May 03, 2008  
Blogger Norm said...

In writing it I tried to convey how different the quality of 'these sleeps' are. It could still use some work but I was somewhat successful I think.

10:44 PM, May 03, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home