Thursday, May 01, 2008

LSD-25 Discoverer......

Dr. Albert Hoffman has died at the age of 102. I caught a good 5 minute bio / obit on the news tonight - it brought back a lot of good memories. Flashbacks if you will.... to a very different time and place. Thanks Dr Hoffman for some of the most memorable times of my life; hundreds of them.

Here's an article that gives an overview of the subject, its cultural context and some insight into the good Dr.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/features/trip-of-a-lifetime-how-lsd-rocked-the-world-818714.html

Disclaimer: I don't advocate the use of illegal drugs (but if you're going to try just one before you die, make it this one.) Damn, did I say that out loud?

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! Yeah, you did.

I'd have to agree to some extent. I had a few bad trips back in the day and that pretty much discouraged me from drug usage (I don't even like taking over the counter drugs or prescription drugs). But, there were a few good times...

5:40 PM, May 03, 2008  
Blogger Norm said...

I used to say 'I never met a drug I didn't like....' but I had long varied experience with all the hallucinogens.

Funny, it's long enough ago now that it all could have happened to someone else....almost.

Amazing the things we willingly ingest in pursuit of ????

10:37 PM, May 03, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's the million dollar question, isn't it? "In pursuit of ????"

I think if we had the answer to that, we might have the key to Life, the Universe, and Everything. The answer is probably varied for each of us, but I suspect there are commonalities.

11:33 AM, May 05, 2008  
Blogger Norm said...

I do recall investing an awful lot of time in searching out the solution. I found a lot of strange stuff down that path.

The answer was 42, I bet.

2:33 PM, May 05, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home