Saturday, May 31, 2008

Twas A Dark And Stormy Night

Well, twas....... seems to be over now though. Some nice lightening bolts flashing about to enjoy.

After scanning through my scant posts from this week and seeing the big blank spot from the week previous I was all prepared to write an apologetic entry here but..... hey! it's not like I'm being paid to appear here, is it?? and I shouldn't apologize for being particularly uninspired over a block of time, should I?? No, of course not.

I did notice a couple of my 'word-of-the-day' words crop up on blogs that I link to. Thwarted....... Cornucopia....... Coincidence?? I think not! Hah!!

As for being uninspired - (I mentioned this a couple of weeks ago) - I keep getting caught up in the news of the day and none of it seems to be very good. Even though I know from past experience that a steady diet of this stuff causes me anxiety I have a hard time tuning out; once a story breaks I like to follow it. So, whether its something relatively old (news-wise) like the limbo of election results in Zimbabwe or, more recently, the aftermath of the storm in Burma or, the quake and aftershocks in China or, national and local issues here; I want to know..... Added to that; food prices rising, oil and gas prices up ($1.30/liter), onset of the I & R cycle (Inflation and Recession) and on, and on.... It all takes up space in my head, jangles my emotions and rattles my remaining ability to think rationally, much to the detriment of my ability to write. My refuge this week has been music; that and silence and as much sleep as I can get. Ostrich; head in sand sort of stuff.

Lynda is having her workmates in for dinner and the evening later on today. She found herself short of cash and asked me for some money before I came to work tonight. I wasn't carrying much so I just gave her my bank card & that way she could get out, buy what she needs and start prepping the food. I just got online to check my balance and between groceries and booze she spent $250. Am I due for a night off work, ya think?? Hmmm, hen party... maybe not. One more night of work to go.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The cost of daily living these days is getting way out of hand. Maybe head in sand isn't a bad way to be right now. :)

3:47 PM, June 02, 2008  
Blogger Norm said...

Yeah, lordy. It is all enough to drive you to drink aint it!! Nyah, I think I will try to ignore it all so much as possible.

10:24 AM, June 03, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home