Thursday, July 03, 2008

Scanning About

Quickly around the blogs to see what I can see.

I spent over an hour at the clinic yesterday but came away with an Rx for an anti-inflammatory so here I sit...... hoping it kicks in soon. Not likely I am thinking so I try to be patient. Home is the place to be for now as I have to lift my leg into and out of the car. Lying down and walking are the preferred postures - sitting isn t good at all.

I agreed to work a day shift tomorrow so that should be good once I get there; it will give me something else to focus on. In the meantime I think I should kill some time watching a movie on TV. Maybe a little job searching here first on-line.......

Back to my usual work again on Sunday night. There is a lower house population, fewer needier clients, less stress and few problems or demands. I can handle whatever comes up.

Oh - for my American friends - have a happy 4th of July celebration!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Kel said...

sorry to hear your having an acute back attack

hope you find relief soon

5:06 AM, July 04, 2008  
Blogger Norm said...

Yeah, this sucks!!! Waiting for the meds to do their job.
Thanks Kel.

9:00 AM, July 05, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you're having back pain. :( I know how awful that can be. I hope it clears up soon.

I noticed you're in the triple digits with your smoking quit. Way to go, Norm!!

There are certain "walls" in a quit to get over, usually involving the change of seasons. I noticed I had strong cravings about every 3 months and later realized it corresponded with the change in seasons. Getting used to a new normal for each season, I guess.

11:50 AM, July 05, 2008  
Blogger Norm said...

Thanks Robin for your good wishes and perspective on the quit. Every little detail is a help in the overall effort.

4:18 PM, July 05, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home