Sunday, July 13, 2008

Goings On.....

.... have been few and far between this week. So much as possible I've tried to go easy with my ratched up back. It's been a 2 steps forward, 1 step back process - slowly getting a little better but not really up to snuff. The worst position for me has been 'sitting' so I haven't spent much time at the computer.... and all of that time was spent reading, not writing. I see from the site meter that a few of my regulars have continued to check in - thanks for that!

With it having been a work week of night shifts I'm out of touch / sync with a lot of what is going on. Lynda and I have had little time together; I haven't spoken to my kids, or Mom, or any of my sibs.... you get the picture. I have lots of catching up to do. There are a few ideas for posts germinating between my ears that may see light of day soon.

Like a few others have noted recently - it is summertime and we need to enjoy this fine weather while we have it. Blogging necessarily goes on the sideboard for me.

My sobriety date is still a week away and the medallion presentation is a week after that but I've started lining up and asking the people I want to take part. I'm not making a big hairy deal of this one; my first year sober seemed a much bigger deal at the time than this 5 year one does. Smoke free for 4 full calendar months now - woohooo!! My friend Audrey was presented with a medallion earlier tonight for 51 years sober - amazingly enough she continues to stay very active despite her age.

Enough sitting; it's time to go do something.

Later.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey my friend, I hope all is well and that you are resting that troublesome back of yours. I hope you've been able to get to work. I knonw what you do is important for you.
Johnny

12:10 AM, July 19, 2008  
Blogger Norm said...

Good to hear from you JPW; I hope all is well with you, too. Yeah, I am taking it awfully easy. I will update that when I post again - soon.

10:43 AM, July 19, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home