Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Frivilous

A while back, after I had cut the lawn the first couple of times, I spent an afternoon un-infesting a gnarly bunch of thistles that had sewn themselves and spread throughout. Although I did a pretty good job weeding I managed to miss one in the middle of a small garden.... and once I noticed it I came to like the look of it and decided to let it be. It has quickly outgrown it's neighbours, the regular shrubs and flowering plants...... already it is over 5 feet tall and today I counted 11 offshoot branches from near the base which spread out about 3 feet.

Last year an untended one in a wild wee corner of the yard grew to be 8 or 9 feet. I think with a bit of care and proper feeding we ought to be able to get this one up to 10 or 12 feet. I'll keep you posted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home