Saturday, November 29, 2008

I Bow Down To....

... guitar god..... I am not worthy, etc, etc.....

I don't check Jeff Beck's site very often because frankly, it doesn't get updated very frequently so I was gladdened last night when I checked in at the 'WorldWideGlen' blog and found there is new JB product out NOW!! Woo-Hoo!!! CD on the shelves now and a DVD to follow in December or January. I'll hold out for the DVD I think. It is titled 'Performing This Week.... Live at Ronnie Scott's'

A quickie recap of info gleaned from Glen, Jeff's site and Eagle Records - 16 live tracks; best performances chosen by Jeff from a multi night stand at Ronnie Scott's club in London England. Standing room only shows; rave reviews; a guitar clinic put on by a master musician, a journeyman.

"the usually sedate London Times gushed, "…perhaps the greatest living guitar virtuoso…combining astonishing technique with a blissful nuance he exercised an almost supernatural control of his fretboard."

Here's a link to a performance at the Crossroads Festival in Chicago from last year which features the same band line up. Vinnie Colaiuta on drums, Jason Rebello on keyboards and the amazing young Aussie lady Tal Wilkenfeld on bass. Jeff gets his guitar talking, singing and soaring on this one. (This features an impressive bass solo by Tal as well.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIFFRHBCPzA

Enjoy. I did.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home