Monday, December 08, 2008

Bad Blogger

Yep... that's me. I've been awol for a few days. See, in the past when bad news has been laid on the door step I've had a bad tendency to get wound up in it and promptly spew whatever it is here. I am improving somewhat...... in that I'm learning to let the initial shock of it wash over and through me before letting loose.

Despite taking some positive steps to get our various houses in order, life just keeps on happening and the happenings aren't of the 'good' variety. The latest blow happened Friday afternoon and Lynda had called me from work to clue me in on what was up. By the end of the conversation she was breaking up crying into the phone and I was sitting stunned and shaken.

Afterward while rummaging in the fridge looking for something to eat I noticed that once again we had no wine in the house. Like good husbands everywhere I jumped in the car to go get her some. Didn't miss my cue this time..... so, when she got home I poured her a glass and we talked out how we're going to handle this situation. Pick ourselves up and continue to muddle through as best we can - we have no choice really.

On a more positive note - We took the day Saturday to drive up to Lynda's mother's place for a long overdue visit. Driving was bad on the way there because of a snow storm but getting home was no problem. We had a few hours with her Mom and also had a visit with a couple of her brothers.

I haven't had a chance to get into the music and reading from the library but I rented a few movies and we watched a couple of them. 'Gone Baby Gone' was a decent story, well acted and produced. Not for the faint of heart though - there's a fair bit of violence and bad language. The other was the Coen brothers 'No Country For Old Men'. Maybe I need to watch it again but although I liked parts of it, it didn't sustain interest or hang together very well overall. Really don't understand how it earned a 'best picture' Oscar. The final 15 minutes had both Lynda and I going, 'WTF?!?' Tomorrow night I might watch the third one - 'I'm Not There' - 6 actors portrayals that provide a biopic of Bob Dylan. (I'm definitely on a Dylan kick, aren't I?)

The last 36 hours has seen a huge arctic air mass pushing in from the north and west bringing sharply colder temps. Tonight it's down to about -15C so I'm layered up like crazy and still having a hard time shaking the chill. Thankfully there is no wind to add a windchill factor to the equation. C'mon April!!!!!

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The cold... I know. It's not nearly as chilly here, but it's been pretty cold, and my feet won't stay warm. The air kinda bites you, is the thing... you don't notice at first, but get involved in something else and you'll suddenly realize you're cold to the bone.

Sorry to hear there is bad news on your horizon. Hope things turn up.

I've heard good things about the Dylan film. I believe Quoin Monkey saw and wrote about it over at red Ravine, some time ago.

Hoping your cup soon runs over again.

12:06 PM, December 08, 2008  
Blogger Norm said...

I'll do a search over at rR to see what she has to say. Seen yb's latest pictures from Nam? Mindblowing.
Last night I couldn't sit within 4 feet of any outside wall - radiating cold waves!!! Bone chilling.
Thanks for the good wishes. Positive thoughts multiply across space and time.

2:35 PM, December 08, 2008  
Blogger Kel said...

oh man, sorry to hear there is disorder in the house :(

watching movies and going for a drive together is a good sign

I hope ...

thoughts and prayers for you and yours

6:06 PM, December 08, 2008  
Blogger Norm said...

Thanks Kel - Yes, we're on the same wavelength and things are good in that way.

9:51 PM, December 08, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home