Friday, February 06, 2009

M.I.A. Present and Future

I'd best write something of substance here soon or no one will be stopping by. Bear with me as I've gotten hung up rummaging about in the archives - it has proven to be a time consuming endeavor.

Otherwise, strange days?? Although I've spent a fair amount of time in bed and had a few sessions of seemingly sound sleep I'm having quite a battle with fatigue. Dragging butt between when I get up, get myself together and leave for work - a space of about 4 or 5 hours. Doing what must be done and little else.

On the work front things are improving. A couple of our more troublesome clients have left in the last couple of days and one goes later on today. The entire atmosphere of the house is transformed. Now the rest of them can quietly get on with their recovery. Back to business without the constant distraction of dominant / discordant personalities.

We've been to a couple of particularly good outside meetings this week with extraordinary speakers. Their stories haven't been all sweetness and light; they've shared about their struggles in recovery as well and that brings hope for newcomers about living life on life's terms. Tonight I ran into one of my sponsees unexpectedly. He travels on the job a lot and had just returned to town for the day before heading out again today for several more days.

Talking on the phone with Lynda earlier - before she went to work she took my Mom out and they both got their hair done and did some shopping through the mall. Mom loves her time with Lynda; they enjoyed themselves so much they're planning another get-together today. We were talking about a date at our favourite steak joint one night next week. I didn't tell her I was planning to marinate some steaks for the BBQ Saturday before I come to work. (It's supposed to get considerably milder.) What the hay - we can do both and see which is better.

I expect next week will be 'blog light' and I'll tell you why. This work week finishes at 6 Sunday morning. I've been asked to work a dayshift rotation starting Monday morning and it's a wonky rotation. Days Monday; a 26 hour sleep-over shift Tuesday into Wed; another day shift Thursday. The only time spent at the computer will likely be checking emails, doing banking and checking in on blog friends posts. Of course the best part will be being here running day meetings and being directly involved in client's recovery efforts.

Although I don't really feel like it I had better get back to editing the archives. Mind the dust as I shuffle things about......

2 Comments:

Blogger Lea Kelley said...

I will keep coming back.
Sometimes the dust is just as interesting as the archives.

10:01 AM, February 06, 2009  
Blogger Norm said...

... and I'm glad you do Lea.

Yes, it is proving to be an interesting exercize - some laughs, some groans, some WTF moments.

There is getting to be quite a long list of labels as well.

2:15 PM, February 06, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home