Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Too Much Going On

I haven't been near the computer very much at all lately, except to check emails and respond to a few of them.

Good stuff 1) My boss did respond to my proposal and so I'm not on nights this week as scheduled. I'm working day shifts Wed, Thurs and Fri this week. My friend and co-worker JPW is filling in for me for the duration of this assignment; bless him.

2) I won a book in Kel's contest!! My entry was a little short as I was under some time pressure but I wanted to enter something. Good intentions don't cut it. I could have written a good deal more and maybe one day I'll find time to expand on it so as to do their story justice.

Not so good stuff 1) Had an upsetting incident happen on the weekend that I'm still wrestling with. I don't know sometimes if I'm making mountains out of molehills and this will pass in time; or, I should address it and risk upsetting others. It is affecting my peace of mind and taking up head-space. So, what to do??

2) Although I've had some substantial time off I still feel off - sleep patterns scrambled, some minor ailments that by themselves are nothing, but combined are aggravating. H.A.L.T. Hungry, Angry, Lonely, Tired makes for little serenity.

Bad stuff 1) I'm feeling pulled in too many directions by various responsibilities and don't feel that I'm doing completely right by any of them. How many ways can you divide a finite pie? Do the best you're able to give time and attention to as many as possible and be satisfied you've done your best(???)

I do hope things are going smoothly in your part of the world and are enjoying the best of what the season has to offer. I'll do some catching up when I'm able.

(Let's all remember the reason for the season)

2 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

Congratulations, Norm! I thought it was a great story.

H.A.L.T. is such a useful acronym. I used it a lot when I quit smoking. I hope you find some time to rest, reflect, recharge, and renew.

3:30 PM, December 12, 2006  
Blogger Kel said...

phew! sounds like you've got a lot going on there
glad I could be associated with some of the "good stuff" :)

4:30 PM, December 12, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home