Sunday, January 28, 2007

Another work week almost done

It's been a good week and in a few hours I'll be able to head home and catch some shut-eye. I've been operating most of the week sleep deprived; I guess those weeks covering the day shift have thrown me off. No big deal; I'll survive.

The lot of us had gone out to a meeting tonight on the school bus and were outside afterward waiting on it to bring us back to the house. We waited, had a smoke, waited some more, enjoyed the snow and got a little chilly....and waited! One of the women who had left at the end of the meeting pulled back into the lot to tell me our bus had broken down a few blocks away and that we were stranded. Back into the hall to make a few phone calls to get 30 of us ferried back in a fleet of taxis. That had never happened before!

Things are good here. Lynda was enjoying a night out with a bunch of her workmates tonight. I spoke to Sarah last night; she's feeling somewhat better and has put on a few pounds. I have a whole new learning curve ahead of me - my group elected me to a new position that excelerated me past a couple of interim spots - regarding AA as an organization above the group level. It should be interesting and I have a lot to read and learn.

Hmmmm...just got called on to do an intervention via phone. Buddy wasn't expecting a call from a counsellor while driving to his crack dealer's place - I think he just about wet his pants. I've never been asked to make a call like that before either. Interesting night. Ah well, he's on his way home now to someone who cares about him.

"And so it goes...." - I think that's what Kurt Vonnegut used to say.

The long week has left me with nothing much on my mind; I haven't had a chance to make many plans for next week so I'll refresh and renew myself and wait to see what unfolds. Peace.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

A fleet of taxis. It must've looked a little like an airport. :)

I'm glad your daughter is doing better. A few pounds is a good thing when you're pregnant.

1:26 PM, January 31, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home