Sunday, January 14, 2007

Aural Gratification

No, I haven't bought any new music lately. Haven't spent enough time at the computer to download any either. So I followed my link to 'I Guess I'm Floating' to see what the boys are recommending these days. Natch, being on the slippery side of 50, not all of what I heard is exactly to my taste but I didn't come away disappointed. Each of these artists/bands have crafted a unique sound for themselves - some unconventional time signatures, interesting instrumentation, solid musicianship, good production, pop riffs, slashing guitars, sinuous synths etc, etc. See what you think about these mp3 streams.....

Arizona - 'Some Kind of Chill'

The Winks - either track

Starlight Mints - either track

Portastatic - either track

Brandson - 'Earthquakes and Sharks'

Pixies - 'Holiday Song'

I tend (like most people I suppose) to listen to what is familiar and will occassionally range up and down the radio dial to catch what is new in the various markets. I also need to stretch my musical ears sometimes by listening to tunes like these. It's a good way to clear the webs. Just the sort of fix I was craving.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home