Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Damn! Another Sign of Aging

While in the kitchen earlier on tonight I was listening to the radio that had been left on. It was tuned to the local 'oldies' station which I don't normally listen to. Last time I'd given it a good listen they were playing material that had been released up until 1970, the year I turned 16. Seems they've updated their playlist to include songs into the early '80's - my early 30's. There wasn't anything played that pre-dated my awareness of music; that I didn't relate to in some way, shape or form. Lots of associated memories of people, places and events that I hadn't thought of in a long time. There were even a couple of tunes by people that my brothers and I went to high school with. Good stuff.


Another of music's finest minds and voices passed away the other day. The Canadian quarter of the Mamas & Papas - Denny Doherty - died in Toronto of kidney failure following surgery. The only remaining member of the group is the timelessly beautiful Michelle Phillips.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

I used to listen to oldies when I was a kid. Perhaps that means I've been aging for a long time. LOL!

12:15 PM, January 25, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home