Thursday, January 04, 2007

A look back at Xmas and New Years

We didn't go over the top with gift giving this year but one thing I appreciated getting was some new clothes. A nice pair of pants, 4 shirts and a couple of ties; all of it for work. It's really nice to have some clothes that fit and look new. I used to weigh in around the 155-160 mark but when I stopped drinking I lost about 15lb of booze weight. Over the last few months I've lost another 5-7lb so now I'm in around the 135 mark - not much spread over a 5'11" frame. So, like I said, it's nice to have something that fits - snug at the waist, the butt doesn't sag and the collars don't gape.

For the first time we didn't go out for New Years or have people in as I had to be up and at work early NY day. Lynda and I watched the Alison Krauss/Union Station DVD that I'd rec'd for Xmas. Fantastic musicianship. It was over before the news came on so we saw how the year was ushered in around the world before it reached us. A fantastic firework display from Sydney Harbour.

There were a few cross country phone calls checking in with my kids, Mom and my brother's families. Lynda made it up to see a bunch of her family on Boxing Day.

Much as I enjoy celebrating the season it's always a relief to have it behind me again and feel the stress level come down.

Things are in a state of flux at my workplace again so there's some anticipation as to how that will shake out over the next couple of weeks. Situation normal - what will be, will be. Pitter patter - let's get at 'er!

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

Sounds like a relatively calm holiday. I agree with you about it being a relief to have them behind us.

I hope the head cold doesn't hang around too long.

6:32 PM, January 05, 2007  
Blogger Norm said...

Yup, so far just a cold. I was a little low key here at work yesterday and still feeling it today. It's tomorrows 26 hour shift I'm a little concerned about cuz I'm solely responsible for the guys inhouse all thru the day until my relief arrives in the evening. Gotta be on my toes and feeling sharp for that.

10:31 AM, January 06, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home